Re: Day of Triumph

To: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Day of Triumph
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 01:05:57 GMT
Sumner writes...

>It was great meeting all the listers at DOT yesterday.  Thanks to Barry,
>Dan, Ron, Tom, and others for coming over and introducing yourselves.

Gee...what a nice day it was, eh?  I spent a fair amount of time
trying to nail down fellow scions Sumner.  Adding to your list above
was Bob Danielson with his sanitary TR6,  Kevin Rhodes with his
incredible 1969-80 Spitfire, Hans Mentzen who made us miss 100 cars by
hiding in the parking lot, <just kidding Hans! :-)> Keith Ehrlich who
was certainly there but I never caught up with and Adam Owens who
owns an MGB and got the days mixed up. :-)

>  Bob, I saw your car but not you --  you were "off racing."

He he...that lil' sneak!  I took a picture of that sign on his
windshield.  Bob doesn't know it yet, but his car was not there the
whole time.  Frankly, I've seen this car race and there was *no way* I
could resist the temptation of finding out what makes it tick...seeing
that it was sitting there unattended and all.  Fortunately, a
professional car thief named Henry Frye helped me wisk it away into
the barn while the beenie babies were being raffled off.  We went over
the car with a fine toothed comb and had it back in place before
anyone was the wiser.  Yes Henry.....we *did* "hafta' give it back".
 :-)

Don "house of" Sforsa was there too...he showed his TR4 but asked that
it not be judged.  Just as well...this former show winner has really
gone down hill.  The poor thing looked like it had spent the last year
on the streets of Newark or somethin'....bummer.  Perhaps Don can
patch this baby up a bit for the show in Manchester.  We can only
hope.

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley in Southbridge Massachusetts
'74, '77 Spits