The Olde Barn

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Olde Barn
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:43:47 -0700
Listers, we've all heard the "I know where ones in this old barn", well
it happened to me yesterday. A young college girl who lives close by
called and asked if I would take a look at a truck for her, and of course
for her yes. When I went to the home a little old lady opened the door
took me through the house to the basement and there it stood, a 1955 Ford
F-100 pick-up. Completly original except the back bumper, guys this truck
still has the original paint (never repainted), original upholstery,
(factory-clips not hog rings). No rust on the body or the under carriage.
The chrome is in fair shape, clutch, O/K, motor just purred V-8, I've
always heard of what lies brhind closed doors but never believed it could
happen to me, a factory original. The temptation was there to tell the
neighbor it's junk, but I know she would see me the next day in driving
it to the lawyers office with my wife for buying another car. I can just
verify the surprising sight will send chills and goose bumps up & down
your spine, what a thrill, The price I will call a "Carl Musson" price,
which is very good find, and yes Carl it has "overdrive". Just why
could'nt this have been me !!   "FT"