Re: Bare metal pre-treatment

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Bare metal pre-treatment
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 12:09:45 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 14 Jul 1998 JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com wrote:

>      I should have mentioned in my previous post about this that it is my
>      intention to have the body either stripped or sand-blasted, so the
>      solutions I'm seeking would just be for the interim (except for
>      whatever goes inside the rockers, of course).

It would probably be cheaper to use Tremclad (or a similar rust paint)
rather than zinc (galv) paint.  Around here an aerosol of Zinc Mate is $9
and one of Tremclad is $6... and Home Hardware brand is $4 or so

The zinc paint is fairly "soft" so it comes off quite readily with a
wire-brush.  (like primer does).  It wouldn't stand up to being blasted.