Cooling upgrades on a TR4

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cooling upgrades on a TR4
From: eddy-ulm@juno.com
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:41:51 -0500
Listers,

I'm looking for tips  and clues in upgrading the cooling system on my
TR4. My car heats up quickly in traffic and I want to minimize the
problem.

At this time it looks like the previous owner of my car stuck some kind
of Ford fan on the front of the engine.  Anyone ever hear of this before?

 Also,  I'm considering the addition of an  electric fan. Which kind to
get?   Has anyone out there installed one on their car? If so is it a
straight forward operation or will I have to fabricate mountings?

Thanks in advance,

Eddy Ulm
1963 TR4
1980 Spitfire