Re: Bloody brakes (long and pitiful)

To: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Bloody brakes (long and pitiful)
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 10:43:43 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Allen Nugent wrote:

        [snip]

> So, has anyone known a master cylinder to pack it in after a heavy bleeding
> session? (It is a rebuilt, sleeved unit with about 4 years' service, and
> about 4 years of disuse.) Should a TR7 be _this_ difficult to bleed? (NB:
> The fronts were a piece of cake.)

That is exactly what DID happen after my recent brake work.  Noticed fluid
running
down from the base of the MC where it attaches to the booster unit.  Pulled the
MC,
disassembled, honed cylinder, and installed new rebuild kit.  Works like new.  I
attribute the problem to my multiple bleeding sessions trying to get the rear
cylinders bled.

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6
1970 Spitfire