TR-6 front suspension mounting bracket broken

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR-6 front suspension mounting bracket broken
From: "Robert J. Snyder" <rjsnydercpa@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 19:45:57 -0400
Have you ever read or heard something that you thought could not possibly
happen to you?  Well the rear mounting bracket on the driver's side of my
TR-6 gave up the ghost in a big way.  The lower A arm, attached to the
bracket by 2 studs and nuts, actually ripped through the bracket.  The
bracket also tore away from the frame, despite being reinforced by the
recommended strengthening kit.  Has anyone else had this experience?

The thing that really bothers me about this is that my wife and I came off a
2 hour drive in the six through the Pocono mountains.  The bracket broke by
simply backing out of my driveway and turning.  What assurances can one have
that these brackets simply won't brake again.  I fear that metal fatigue on
the 28 year old car could be responsible.

Thanks,

Bob Snyder
'70 |TR-6