ZSvs.SU Carbs

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'dbji@whidbey.net'" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Subject: ZSvs.SU Carbs
From: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 07:46:03 -0600
DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA  wrote:
>"my early tr6 is making about 165 hp through zs carbs"
You have my attention, now all I need is a few more details.

> "with modified ellipsoid entry stacks.(see vizard). fully ported carbs.
again see vizard."
Which Vizard? There must be at least 20 books that he wrote.

> "head is ported to more current thinking than the comp prep manual."
The "old thinking" from both Kastner and Vizard was to remove the
casting around the exhaust guide boss and smooth and radius all curves.
What is the "more current thinking"

> "use anti reversion in the port. isn't worth any hp but it will pull on
the cam 500 rpm sooner."
I have heard of anti reversion with regards to headers to prevent back
pressure from building on the downstream side of the exhaust valves but
"anti reversion in the port" is new to me. What is it?

> "recurved dist."
Exactly what modifications did you perform? I assume that you only changed
the mechanical advance or do you also have a vacuum advance?

> "SU needle mod as per the CPM.RG or RH needles???"
Sorry I don't know which reference you are talking about, could you please
explain.

> "the zs carbs were a limiting flow factor so a LOT of work went into
them."
What specifically was done? I assume that you are using a stock two carb.
manifold.

Thanks for the information
later
lee