Car show experience

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Car show experience
From: Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 21:41:11 +0000
>From that point on he would not look or talk to me about anything.
Unbelivably rude. I am on the XJ list also and if I blow my cover and
let them know my car has a V-8, the flames I get are unreal. Just bring
the BBQ sauce.
On the other hand while I was a Mini owner I went to one of the Mini
Meets. I found a great group of people willing to appreciate various
mods made to the cars. The guys who had re-engineered their cars were
even held in high regard. Mini's are problably more rare than TR's or
Jags and this attitude still exists.
Triumph people are somewhere in the middle I think. I have found most
like the cars left as original. But they (you) have kept the
flamethrowers in check. I have even got beat at a popular choice show by
a heavily modified TR3. No hard feelings. Imagine if that would have
happened if I drove a XK120.
--
Cheers,
Mike Thompson