Buffy and the Geezer

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Buffy and the Geezer
From: "Dennis Culligan" <dculligan@VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 98 09:31:45 EDT
Buffy (or was it the Geezer) wrote:
>I have been reviewing my law books and it seems to me that the police
>chief may have retired just in time.  As I understand the chief, he
>would ticket someone going near the speed limit for holding up the
>rest of the traffic that is trying to travel in a pack at 15plus
>miles over the posted limit.  I would have a field day in front of a
>judge with him, would mop the floor with him without even getting my
  A judge in Arkansas would not agree.  They have a law on the books that says
no matter how fast you're going in the passing lane, if someone wants to pass
you, you MUST pull over.
  I commute on the New York State Thruway (Rte 87) every day, and the number
of boneheads cruising in the left lane is unbelievable.  When I drive the sec-
tion between Suffern and Harriman (where it's 6 lanes wide (3 each way)), I
usually find the lane with the least traffic (and where I can make the best
time) is the rightmost (SLOW) lane!  If al the morons would shift over 1 lane
to the right, it would free up the left lane for its intended purpose.
                                                                Rant off.
                                                                 Dennis