Re: Steering Wheel Movement

To: burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Movement
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:57:43 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
It sounds like bushings to me.  My spit doesn't do it but I've
installed new bushings.  Not that hard to do.  I can't think of
anything else that would cause the symptoms that you're describing.

> I have the same problem, steering wheel slop, with mine, and it's
> been that way for years, of course I haven't   been driving it much.
>  I suspect that I will have to redo the steering area, but haven't
> gotten around to it.  I haven't seen any answers to this so I was
> just wondering if there is an answer, or if I just missed it?
> Anyone???
>
> Jane
> '67 GT6
>
> >After spending Sunday at Triumph Day in Brookline MA, (and taking 3rd in my
> >class!),  I noticed some vertical movement in my steering column. If I grab
> >the wheel, I can move it up and down a little (but not really side to side).
> >I've never noticed this before and wonder if the column bushings are shot.
> >It's been quite a week: broken tach cable, oil pressure sensor goes bad and
> >now this. Oh well.......... Thanks in advance
> >Bob Danielson
> >75 TR6 - status at
> >http://pages.cthome.net/BobD

"He who dies with the most toys wins"

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Waiting for garage space to start teardown)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Suspension just about ready to install)