Re: Stuck Rear Axles - 1966 TR4A IRS

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Stuck Rear Axles - 1966 TR4A IRS
From: "DON BOYD, JOAN IKOMA" <dbji@whidbey.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 01:16:34 -0700
NONONONO DONT PUT ANTISEIZE ON A TAPER FIT SHAFT. the taper is the driving
mechanism and the keyway just locates and is a saftey if thing loosen.
better ot use red loctite after cleaning the taper and hub with degreaser.
then, when you want to remove it in the future, heat it to just 300 deg and
the loctight disintegrates and the hub damn near falls off.

don boyd