I did a stupid thing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: I did a stupid thing
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 23:43:39 -0500
The annonomity of cyberspace permits me to confess my utter
unprecidented stupidity!!!  My wife can confirm this after 25 yrs of
semi semi blissful (too strong a word now) togetherness.  From Moss I
purchased two fine "RayDOLT" mirrors for my Spitfire.  Spit Fire ,,,what
my wife wanted to do when she saw the "Minilite" wheels......I also got.
Anyway, to show what a "cool" fella I am I decided to mount my new
mirrors five inches toward the front of the back end of the hood or
bonnet or what ever the part that covers the engine is called and an
inch down the side.   Boy, they look good there and I even thought I
could see them there too,,,I checked I really did.
SO, my question is twofold:  How do I - with the least amount of
patching, sanding and REPAINTING - patch those holes?  DUH!!
Second, is there a "simple" way to pull off the door's interior so I can
just put the things where the original mirrors were?
Boy, they look good up on the fender!!