Brake M/C failure

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake M/C failure
From: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@nuera.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 13:56:18 -0700
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP9012270877alinkens@fargo>
My brakes on the 2500S failed last week without any warning. Thankfully I
wasn't involved in any accident. The fluid level was unchanged and there were
no signs that the failure was about to happen - no fluid leaks, no change in
pedal response etc.
I can't get a new M/C 'cos it's a MKI M/C and servo so I'm going to rebuild the
unit with new seals.
How do I know if these are going to last the distance? Is there any way to
detect seal failure in the M/C before it's too late in future? I don't want to
risk anything.
thanks
Andy