re Engine Bay Valances

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re Engine Bay Valances
From: "Chris Leah" <crl@intekom.co.za>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 13:07:25 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
Ray, Jonmac and all,
I used a hardboard called Masonite out here, also about 3 or 4mm thick. Cut
to the shape of the old cardboard valances for the radiator and strengthened
with the addition of aluminium (aluminum for the USA listers) angle on the
top and bottom edges and pop riveted into place. Painted with several coats
of Hammerite  and seem to work just fine.
I like the idea of the Styrene, John as this won't be affected by water. Any
deformation due to heat from the exhaust on the engine bay valances?
Regards
 Chris Leah
Durban, South Africa
'66 Spitfire Mk2 ( and a few others)