Don't let it hppen to you

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Don't let it hppen to you
From: "Dennis Culligan" <dculligan@VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 98 12:45:38 EDT
>Yesterday, my insurance adjuster called and offered me a $1900
>settlement. No joke.
>
>Please reply to me (privately or to the list) if you spent more than
>$10,000 on a TR6, so that I can show them that the fair market value of
>a restored TR6 is not $1900. Your help could save me some attorney fees!
Dave -
  My guess is that you are SOL.  What my (or anybody else's) TR6 is worth has
little bearing on what yours is/was worth.
  I have a cash-value replacement policy on my TR6.  If it gets stolen tomor-
row, the insurance company will hand me a check for $13,000.  In order to get
this policy, I had to bring the car to the insurance company with a written
estimate of its value (they accepted an estimate done by a local british car
mechanic on his shop's letterhead).  They then looked at the car, took some
pictures and wrote up the policy. Due to the fact that I have 2 teenage sons
(who, in the eyes of the insurance company COULD drive my car, even though one
is 300 miles away at college and the other is also leaving for college next
month), I'm paying through the nose for this coverage, but I still think it's
worth it.
  Have you no pictures of the car during and after the restoration?  I don't
think it will make that much difference, but it might.  Good luck.
                                                          Dennis