Re: TRF catalog for TR4

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TRF catalog for TR4
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 11:29:24 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Listers,

Thanks for all the replies.   And thanks to Brad Kahler for sending me his
duplicate copy.

I had already gotten the idea that TRF uses original part numbers from their
price list... and that seems to work fine for things that are in the shop
manual.  But there many things on my shopping list that would not be in the
shop manual.

The most difficult to sort out are the numerous part numbers in the database
for interior items such as, carpets, panels and seats... all at much
different prices.  Also things that are "aftermarket" like steering wheels,
gearshift knobs, silicone brake fluid, spin-on oil filter adapters and Water
Wetter.   Don't they sell all these as well.

At the "Day of Triumph" in Boston the 8 year winning TR4 owner told me "get
all your interior stuff from Moss".  Yet most of the folks I talk to are
very positive about TRF.   Since I will be spending about $1,500 dollars
this fall to buy the stuff to refurbish a clapped out interior... pretty
much sight unseen.... the right choice is critical.

Thanks again to all for helping a newcomer

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4      Searcher
sanborn@net1plus.com