Re: TRF catalog for TR4

To: sanborn@net1plus.com
Subject: Re: TRF catalog for TR4
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 21:11:32 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hello Brian

<< many things on my shopping list that would not be in the
 shop manual.

Such as? "After market" things by definition, and novelties like cups and
shirts etc. are about all I can think of. These are found in the various
flyers all 3 send out. TRF has a glovebox companion book and all this kind of
stuff is there.

 The most difficult to sort out are the numerous part numbers in the database
 for interior items such as, carpets, panels and seats... all at much
 different prices.  Also things that are "aftermarket" like steering wheels,
 gearshift knobs, silicone brake fluid, spin-on oil filter adapters and Water
 Wetter.   Don't they sell all these as well.

 At the "Day of Triumph" in Boston the 8 year winning TR4 owner told me "get
 all your interior stuff from Moss".  Yet most of the folks I talk to are
 very positive about TRF.   Since I will be spending about $1,500 dollars
 this fall to buy the stuff to refurbish a clapped out interior... pretty
 much sight unseen.... the right choice is critical.

I believe that Moss has their interior kits made in the US. TRF's interior
kits come from the UK. I've seen both (TR3) and I wouldn't call one superior
to the other. TRF kits might appeal a bit more to the hardcore purists out
there though!

Sorry I can't be too much more help, but recommend that you steel yourself
with as much knowledge as possible and then ask the questions before you
commit.

 Regards

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4 - currently wears a VB carpet set - not correct but the price - think
about $100 - was too good to pass up!