tach

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: tach
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 18:09:44 -0500
Last night I went out for groceries in my 1978 Spitfire & my  taillights
wouldn't light.  Fine, I've learned to pull out the fuse that controls
that just a tad and they come back on and stay on until vibration
loosens the fuse reseats itself.
        This morning I went out and had no water temp, gas guage or
tachometer.   I played with  all the fuses, pulling them and scraping
the copper contacts for better contact.  Tail lights, gas guage &
temperature guages all came back.  The tach didn't.
Is the tach strictly mechanical or is it affected by a funky fuse also?