tr6 front suspension fatigue

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: tr6 front suspension fatigue
From: Steve Chandler <chand@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 16:15:47 -0700
Just a heads up,

While tracking down a vibration on the front end of my 6, I found the
top wishbone mounting has cracked around the box section. I know the
lower mounts are prone to failure (my car is a 76 with the fillets
welded in at the factory), but I have never heard of the wishbone mounts
failing before.

This car is an Arizona car with no rust and around 217k miles on it, and
I think that this is possibly due to metal fatigue (but may have failed
because of the vibration that I am trying to fix). Next trip is to the
welders shop.

Next time you remove your wheels, this might be worth checking.

cheers

steve

--
Steve Chandler - Chandler-O'Bagy Associates stevec@rtd.com