Re: HELP--TR3B trans question

To: tr_250@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: HELP--TR3B trans question
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 05:57:35 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I have been asked a stumper.  My purchased-as-unfinished TR3B project
 did not have a transmission.  Now that I have located one, I have been
 asked if the gear lever is straight a la TR3 or bent a la TR4.  The
 car should have a TR4 all-synchro trans, but was the early gear lever
 used for any cosmetic or other functional reason? >>

Harris

The TR3B uses a straight or TR3 style gear lever. At least that's what is on
mine. I'm not sure the TR4 style would work with the dashboard arrangement
very well. The gearboxes should be identical in all other aspects.

Regards
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B - TSF 79L