BOBSTER THE LOBSTER

To: LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU
Subject: BOBSTER THE LOBSTER
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 08:58:08 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
You're right, the lobster dude WAS kinda weird, Bob.

...and just HOW many,ah, beverages, did it take you to dream that one up?
We should make you an honorary Canadian!

All kidding aside, I sure hope I can make Portland.  It will be tough to
top a convention in my "backyard" - well, 8 hours via the direct route, but
I wish you well with the 25th.

For those who missed the meet, yes, the autox was lots of fun.  The "killer
spit" was indeed killed by a certain psycho TR4 (waaaaaay too much fun to
drive, thanks John), but I've never seen a spitfire of that vintage that
didn't try to roll oversteer itsself to death.  Maybe it was the
steamroller size tires sticking 4-5" beyond the fenderwells?

I agree with Chicago.  You could not pay me enough to drive through again.
Now I know where "Chicagao Blues" comes from - that rambling industrial
wasteland on the south side.  That said,  it was fun to put the hammer down
on the beemer and drive like a local.  It WILL do 200 kph in 4th.

Now to attemp the land speed record in my GT6.....

Dave Terrick
69 GT6+
...the same color as MOST of Mark's Spitfire
Dave Terrick
69 GT6+
Winnipeg