Re: BOBSTER THE LOBSTER

To: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Subject: Re: BOBSTER THE LOBSTER
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 10:26:06 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Dave Terrick wrote:

> You're right, the lobster dude WAS kinda weird, Bob.

;-) I presume the comment was meant in good fun, but seriously, you
should have seen some of the looks I got while I was standing outside the
banquet room waiting for the entertainer to finish his act... pretty
funny comments too.

> ...and just HOW many,ah, beverages, did it take you to dream that one up?
> We should make you an honorary Canadian!

It's a hoot, eh?

Frankly - I don't drink any, errr, beverages. In fact, all I had was one
glass of water that evening. I learned years ago that I'm wierd enough
without booze - so I figure I'll save the money I would have spent on
be-ah and use it for car partz.

> All kidding aside, I sure hope I can make Portland.  It will be tough to
> top a convention in my "backyard" - well, 8 hours via the direct route, but
> I wish you well with the 25th.

I hope you can make it too. We're trying to attract a sizable group from
Cananda - and have commitments from several folks over in Nova Scotia.

> For those who missed the meet, yes, the autox was lots of fun.  The "killer
> spit" was indeed killed by a certain psycho TR4 (waaaaaay too much fun to
> drive, thanks John), but I've never seen a spitfire of that vintage that
> didn't try to roll oversteer itsself to death.  Maybe it was the
> steamroller size tires sticking 4-5" beyond the fenderwells?

Well, Killer is set up pretty well. Although my total time at the wheel
was two laps around the parking lot at Ft. Worth, but it's quick!

FWIW, SCCA Solo II does not care about tires sticking beyond the
fenders... I've seen that stance on a lot of cars around my way.

> I agree with Chicago.  You could not pay me enough to drive through again.
> Now I know where "Chicagao Blues" comes from - that rambling industrial
> wasteland on the south side.  That said,  it was fun to put the hammer down
> on the beemer and drive like a local.  It WILL do 200 kph in 4th.

Maybe if the tolls were free and you would be allowed to use guided
missles as defensive weapons...

200 KPH... hmmmm.

> Now to attemp the land speed record in my GT6.....

Kool. Work on the aerodynamics.

> Dave Terrick
> 69 GT6+
> ...the same color as MOST of Mark's Spitfire

And that would be Jasmine, or Red???

;-)

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |