TR seatbelts

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR seatbelts
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 17:31:05 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to all who responded regarding TR6 wheels

Now, here's another thing to ponder over--

On the VTR website (I think) there's mention that seat belts from an 84
Mazda RX-7 are a "direct bolt-in" to a TR6.  I have a TR4, between seat
belts at this time.

How much modification would be required to install the RX-7 belts in my
car?  I have 2 holes in the floor (for the broken Kangols currently
installed), and an unused hole in the inner fender.  I have 3 out of 4 of
the original ring mounts.  I intend to re-install the fourth (it was
rusted out, and I haven't got around to fixing it completely)

I can get the belts from the RX for $30 cdn, whole set, from a wrecker.
Downside?  I've got to go get them.  I expect that the bolts are all
metric (vice-grips)- are there any secrets I should be aware of before
attacking this problem?

thanks,
-Malcolm
'62 TR4