Tip on wheel painting with the tire on.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tip on wheel painting with the tire on.
From: johnw@wrq.com
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 08:37:11 -0700
     Listers:

     I see folks looking for TR wheel paint, and it reminded me of a tip I
     got from a mechanic. If you are painting the wheels with the tires on,
     TSP the whole lot, then make a solution of dishwashing liquid and a
     bit of water, just enough that the result will not drip (ie fairly
     viscous). The idea is that you'll set the wheels up in a standing
     position---you don't want the stuff dripping off and exposing the
     tire.

     Now, using a wide paintbrush, paint the solution onto the tire, right
     up to the lip of the wheel proper. Wipe up any excess on the steel
     wheel itself, then spray away. When everything is dry, spray off the
     dishwashing liquid to remove the paint overspray and return the tire
     to its original condition.