Re: Tip on wheel painting with the tire on.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tip on wheel painting with the tire on.
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 12:04:44 EST5EDT
Many thanks for the tips, guys! I have to say that the rim had a lovely
225R/78/15
Cadillac whitewall(?!?!!) on it, still held air, too.... My local tire guy
removed same.
So I actually have a chance to wire brush the little bit of rust on the bead
and generally
clean it up and do a nice job.

Thanks!

Phil/guys, you should patent your devices. Eastwood wants $25 for them!

> Date:          Thu, 1 Oct 1998 11:51:22 -0400
> To:            johnw@wrq.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
> From:          "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
> Subject:       Re: Tip on wheel painting with the tire on.

> What I have done is get a length of sheet metal flashing or the like and
> wrap it tightly around the wheel (in a cylindrical fashion) and tuck it
> between the bead and the wheel. Works great.
>
> Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
> Cortland, NY (nowhere near New York City)
> '71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)
>
> Life is short; play dumb.

Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate