Re: storing on jack stands or blocks-no no

To: Don Spence <spence@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject: Re: storing on jack stands or blocks-no no
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 17:33:08 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Don Spence wrote:

> It was found in the spring that the weight of the hanging suspension had
> stretched the coil springs such that the car rode noticeably higher than
> when it was put away. It took two full years for the springs to regain
> their original form. (thinking back, he may have replaced them ) Car

OK, but here's the catch- did anything permanent happen?  My TR4 has been
up on blocks for about a year now.  I had to be under it so much and I
didn't want it to move- figgered the frame was the strongest point.

I don't mind my springs being stretched a bit.  Just don't want to think
about anything nasty happening while I sit here and type :-)

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm