Re: GT6/Spitfire swap

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: GT6/Spitfire swap
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 10:11:15 -0400 ()
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Barry Schwartz wrote:

> >There are some largely mandatory items, such as
> >fabricating the rear shock mounts...

> While this is all true (you forgot to mention replacing and moving the
> radius brackets to the inner set of holes, and reinforcing the inner radius
> arm mounting bracket areas,)....

Well, Barry, I did say "such as" just to Cover My A**. :-) Thanks for
reminding me. Meanwhile, with all this talk of R&R spot-welded panels,
seems to me those techniques are applicable to the existing radius rod
mount reinforcement bracket, right?

> ...Also one needs to trim the
> firewall and floor area of the Spitfire body tub on the left side for the
> GT starter clearance, then use a GT6 tranny cover.  Now. . . what did we
> both forget?? :-)

Well, I suppose once all this trimming and relocating is done, one would
need to use a GT6 carpet set.

> >If this trend towards "Sixfires" continues, there will be exactly three
> >extant GT6+ Coupes left: mine, Chris Kantarjiev's and John Lye's! Oughta
> >do wonders for the value of our cars! :-)
> four if you count mine, I see the dollar signs already. . . :-)

Well, I knew if I held onto mine long enough, the value might go up!

--Andy