Re: Spit rear trunnions

To: griffco@cadvision.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spit rear trunnions
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 10:14:38 EDT
In a message dated 10/2/98 9:17:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
griffco@cadvision.com writes:

>       I can't find reference to assembling the nylon bushes, steel
>  bush, and dust seals etc in the trunnion.  I see two exploded view
>  diagrams, but need to know:
>       1. Do I lubricate (pack with grease or anything else) the nylon
>  bush and steel sleeve.
Neversieze here, also in the hub hole...

>       2. Is the steel sleeve really half an inch (1/2") shorter than
>  the outer edges of the nylon bushes?
Perhaps you are using a front suspension kit?  Are the nylon's Blue or red?
Blue are rear, red front...

>I would have expected it to be of equal length.
Equal... pound the nylon into the hub tight to the inner steel washer.

>       3. Do I lubricate the rubber seal between the two dust seal
>  plates ?
Neversieze here...

Neversieze all along the bolt and inside the steel tube.  When these parts
rust together, dissasembly is REAL HARD......

My rule of thumb is to use Neversieze on all bolts, especially suspension!

Clark