Re: fan balancing

To: Bush4brits@aol.com
Subject: Re: fan balancing
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 10:24:13 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I've completed the rebuild of the engine for my '60 TR-3A and as I
assembled
 the new bushings in the fan, remembered that there were counterweight plates
 under the fan bolts.
 Has anyone had any experience with reassembling the counterwieghts or
 balancing the fan? The plates are pretty mangled........I wonder if I should
 buy new ones.
 TIA
 Bob Stahlbush
 '66 MGB
 60 TR-3A

The TR2-4A fan balancing act seems to be among the things lost to time. It
seems how this was originally done is now forgotten and if the arrangement is
upset there seems to be no way to re-balance. To my mind if you can't balance
the fan the weights are better left off, as you may tend to unbalance the fan
more by just randomly putting them on. You do however need to put on the
locking plates for the bolts.
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B