Re: TR3 Temp gauge

To: fergie@ntplx.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Temp gauge
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 10:12:36 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< Is it possible to reconnect a TR3 temp gauge to the sending unit? I have
 all the pieces, but PO apparently cut the cord at the sending unit end.
 Thanks.

 Michael Ferguson >>

Only if you know how to rebuild one.
The TR3 temp gauge is a closed line system. The line is filled with ether or
alcohol or some other liquid which acts to transfer the heat energy to the
gauge where it moves the needle. You will need to have the gauge rebuilt.
Nisonger Instrument in New York has done a number of these for me and I can
recommend them. Ph # 914-381-1952.
Costs about $100 and takes a few weeks.
You only need send in the gauge. It will come back with a new line and sending
unit.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B