TR4 roadworthy!

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 roadworthy!
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 15:35:07 -0700 (PDT)
...but not quite weather-proof.

I got the TR4 moved from its roost atop jack-stands and wooden blocks
(noticing no ill effects to the suspension, I might add) and put it into
the carport.

During breaks in the rain I have been tooling around the neighborhood.
The fuel pump is not leaking at the moment (but I intent to replace the
brittle rubber gasket w/ a cork one anyway), the headlight switch is still
giving me pains (shorted out the first time I tried it, works now... but
it's still a pain)

I think I  might grab a 'murikan one next time I'm at a wrecker and just
have it handy in case she goes.  Also might buy a fire extinguisher, what
with all this talk of cars burning :-O

Hard top is finished and just needs windows and weatherstripping (and a
final coat of f/g to smooth all the bumps).  Not to mention all the inside
cosmetic stuff.

I'm going to be busy with the pop rivets this afternoon to try to have the
window weatherstripping in.  I'd like to drive this thing into town on
Monday so's that I don't have to borrow parent's car again!

Other than that, the car is fine.  Goes like stink (altho the wet roads
make it a tad more interesting), new tires made a world of difference- no
more shake at 50 MPH, no crud in the gas lines, and I've got a solid left
hand side.

Must go out now and try to ward off the weather...

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm