Re: Preserving Herald Bumpers

To: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>
Subject: Re: Preserving Herald Bumpers
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 20:07:29 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Bill Kelly wrote:

> I can't believe it. My brand new white Herald bumpers are already
> turning chalky.
>
> Has anybody had any success with any kind of coating that will stall
> this process? It seemed to come with a coating of some sort, but it was
> a dirt magnet, and I guess I scrubbed it off with the dirt.

Have you tried carnauba wax yet?  I guess that the paint/chrome/finish/
whatever it is (I'm not too familiar with Heralds) is oxidizing.
Solution: isolate it from oxygen (air)

And if wax doesn't work, then you haven't damaged anything.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm