Re: Preserving Herald Bumpers

To: walker05@camosun.bc.ca
Subject: Re: Preserving Herald Bumpers
From: lgmtr6@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 15:43:35 -0400
Cc: kelly@dss.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

 >On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Bill Kelly wrote:
>
>> I can't believe it. My brand new white Herald bumpers are already
>> turning chalky.
>>
>> Has anybody had any success with any kind of coating that will
>stall >> this process? It seemed to come with a coating of some sort,
but it
>was>> a dirt magnet, and I guess I scrubbed it off with the dirt.

Bill,
I have used Westley's White Wall Cleaner to keep them white, but you have
to rinse them really well, as if left on it will discolor them. Then a
good coating of Armor-All or some similar product and they still look
like new after being on the car for over 5 years.

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag
'66 Herald

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]