Re: TR6 Carbs

To: tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au
Subject: Re: TR6 Carbs
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 23:32:21 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Just slowly twisted my bottom plug out of my leaky carb, and was able to
replace my o-ring and push and slightly twist it back on. End of leak problem.
However a few weeks later while I was removing both ZS top covers for
polishing, I noticed that one of my carbs had a torn diaphragm and I decided
to rebuild both carbs (I thought the car was running fine?) . When rebuilding
I found that a few o-rings in various locations on the carbs were in pretty
bad shape.
So I would recommend that since you have a leaky bottom plug o-ring, you
probably have other seals in bad shape and a rebuild might be a good idea.

Wayne from  Massachusetts
1973 TR6 Mallard/New Tan