RE: TR4-6 heater fan motor

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "'DANMAS@aol.com'" <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TR4-6 heater fan motor
From: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 13:08:40 -0400
Listers,
I may be the only TR4 owner in the world that didn't know this.....but I was
wondering the other 40degree morning why the blower on my TR4 is so pitiful
compared to the blast my TR6 blower puts out.  Did some digging in my
Triumph Sports Owners Association Handbook and found the following:
"It is surprising how many owners do not realize that the scuttle vent must
be open in order to get heat or ventilation to the feet.  Your TR has a
fresh air heating system and the heat will not flow strongly, even with the
blower on, unless the vent is open".  Went out this AM and tried it and
guess what...heat!

Bye for now

Tom Long
64TR4