Re: R&P Mounting Clamps

To: suhring@lancnews.infi.net
Subject: Re: R&P Mounting Clamps
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 19:01:17 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Scott,

My steering is a little sloppy, so I recently ordered what Moss claims to be a
permanent solution to the original rack clamp problem for the TR6.  I have not
yet recieved the part but hope it is what they say it is.  Has anyone tried
this yet?  I'd like to know how this one compares to the TR4 fix.

Scott Helms

<< A rainy Sunday here in Central PA, so doing
 some prep work for my upcoming winter project to
 rebuild the 6's suspension.

 Yesterday, I stopped at a local garage that
 specializes in British and European cars, European
 Imports in Maytown, PA. We were discussing my plans
 for the suspension rebuild and he (Tom Hertzog)
 strongly recommended that I start by replacing the
 two Rack & Pinion Mounting Clamps on my '70 TR6
 with the single mounting unit found on the TR4. He
 said that the two clamps tend to allow the R&P to
 slide which gives you poor handling and that the
 earlier clamp used with the 4 is much better and
 is interchangable with no modifications.

 My request of the list is could someone send me
 a copy of the page which this part is on from  TRF
 catelog (or MOSS) along with the price?  I'd like to
 see the diagram and what the clamp looks like.

 My mailing address is:

 Scott Suhring
 133 Maple Street
 Elizabethtown, PA 17022