Re: R&P Mounting Clamps

To: esp@hypermax.net.au
Subject: Re: R&P Mounting Clamps
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 14:01:54 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< In my humble opinion (23 years fixing & restoring Triumphs), The
 standard late TR4-6/Spitfire/T2000 etc rack mounting clamps are
 perfectly OK for a street car, especially if they are laterally
 pre-loaded as per the factory manual.

 For those wanting a 'tighter" feel , the option of a solid mounting as
 per Moss UK is really only suited to competition cars. A far better
 result can be achieved with either:
 a) A poyurethane replacement mounting (made here in Australia of course)
 b) A 'covered mount" as fitted to the marina range. These are really
 great but nowadays hard to find. The are basically a Triumph (steel)
 rack mount frame with an extra piece welded on to cover the rubber mount
 and the alloy/steel flange on the rack housing. The marina U boltws are
 a bit shorter but you can swap the TR ones into them

 Terry O'Beirne
 ***** English Spare Parts *****
   You neeed ESP!

Terry,

The clamps that I purchased from Moss USA, but have not recieved yet, are made
of a high strength aluminum.  Any experience with this?  This clamp is
featured on page 66 in their latest catalog.

Scott