Re: Run for the Noses

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Run for the Noses
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 22:38:07 -0500
Cc: spitfires@141.com

From:                   Self <Single-user mode>
To:                     amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Send reply to:          Brad.Kahler@141.com
Date sent:              Mon, 5 Oct 1998 22:37:38 -0500

> Yesterday afternoon, after getting fewer stares (bonnet still on the
> roof) on my way to and from church than I had the day before, I got home
> and called my good friend Brad Kahler in Nebraska to ask him if he could
> stop over and help me unload the bonnet from the roof.

Andy,  anytime you need help just call, it'll only take about a day and
half for me to respond <g>.

> OK, actually Brad was
> already headed to my house to pick up a few bits for CT288L. As
> compensation for helping me offload, I gave Brad a substantial discount
> on the price of the tour through the Hoag's Corners Museum of Rust,

Quite an impressive array of cars and parts.  Personally I think there
should be some kind of rule or law about one person having so MANY
Triumphs and parts just laying around.  You name it and Andy's got it
stashed somewhere.  I would venture to say that in around 10 years or so
he'll have a find bunch of cars to bring to the shows.

> then "bartered" a pair of Spitfire 4 carbs with intake manifold, linkage
> and radiator expansion tank (he'd just picked this up at Carlisle) for
> an early TR4 door.

Bye the way, I bought the ONLY Triumph parts that were available at the
Carlisle show.  To top it off the guy I bought the manifolds, header tank
and carbs from told me they came off an MG Midget!!  Told him I didn't
have one so I didn't want to spend much.  He went for it.  Of course I'm
not sure that in another 6 months Andy will remember were he laid them
anyway.  To many parts to keep track of if you ask me.

> All in all a long but fun Triumph weekend, proving once again:

True True.

> a. It's nice to have a bit of a "beater" vehicle in or on which to
> transport bits of Triumphs (or tow whole ones via trailer when needed)

This is definitely an important aspect of owning an LBC.

> b. It's great to meet new Triumph friends

I'll second that thought.

> c. I need a Standard Vanguard or Atlas pickup or commercial van if I
> really want to continue hauling big parts around. A Herald Courier Van
> would be nice, too, but I'm not sure I'd be able to carry a GT bonnet in
> or on that very well)

You could always take one of your stash and convert it to a pickup, much
like people did the VW's years ago!!

Nice meeting you Andy and I appreciated the museum walk through.  Very
enjoyable.

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4           BFC25720L
1966 TR4A               CT72398L (Now a parts car)
1961 TR4                  CT288L (Now with OD!!)
196? TR3?                (Parts or Long term project?)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108