Re: Run for the Noses

To: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Run for the Noses
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 22:11:42 -0700
Cc: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Sorry John, this is where I get pedantic. The ATLAS (and all derivatives) Van
was available with either sliding or slam doors, according to taste. I don't
know in what numbers each type was sold, but there are very few survivors of
the sliding door style. All pickups were obviously fitted with slam doors.
    As regards finding any of the larger engined variants, I have 2 Leyland 15
pickups on the register, plus I have reports of a Leyland 15 Camper van. There
are also a few of ATLAS MAJOR camper vans left, but I know of no vans or
pickups. As regards the Leyland 20, there is one beautiful coachbuilt camper
owned by a close friend, and I know of a van in need of restoration.
    Sorry to go off on a tangent, but anything I can do to promote the
STANDARD ATLAS........

    Regards,
            Bill.

--