Removing rear hubs

To: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Removing rear hubs
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 16:03:43 -0500
Need some advice. I am trying to take the rear hubs off of the stub axle of
my 250 (already off of the car, now on my workbench, mocking me!). Anyway, I
borrowed a hub remover from my dad that looks to be very heavy duty, and
tried last night to get the hubs off. Tightened it as far as it would go,
and then rapped on the nut of the remover with a hammer to try to "jar" the
hub off. No luck. I'm afraid to really torque down on it, as it may bend the
hub, and then I'm really in trouble. Called Napa here today, took it down,
but the guy was too busy chewing on his whopper (the hamburger!) to really
take a good look at what I wanted. Told me he may bend it, yada, yada. Any
suggestions? Does everyone use that tool mentioned in Bentley's? Do you
repair yourself? I am going to repair this myself, so I'm looking for those
with the t-shirt. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Bryan
bdstinocher@sewsus.com
502-782-7397 xt. 2284