Re: What's wrong with suppliers?

To: Dennis Barr <tr357@cdsnet.net>
Subject: Re: What's wrong with suppliers?
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 07:14:33 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dennis;

I agree with you regarding Rimmer's- very customer oriented. I ordered a
new brake master cylinder from them 2 months ago and saved about $100
over what the big 3 here in the States wanted and also got free
shipping. I don't recall who posted the info to the list regarding
Rimmer's earlier this year, but I wish to thank whomever did so. I went
to Rimmer's website, got the part # and faxed my request directly to
them. (cost about 15 cents for the fax)
A few days later and the package shows up at my door.
I was impressed.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6

Dennis Barr wrote:

> Hi list: For the second time, I have requested by e mail parts for my
> TR4. I have not contacted the "big three" as I am looking for used,
> original items. Last Friday, I e mailed requests for these parts to four
> of our suppliers, including Rimmer in England, and guess what--the only
> company who has had the courtesy of answering was Rimmer ! They did not
> have what I wanted, apologised and asked that I try them again.
SNIP