re: A Moss is a Moss(UK) is a Moss...

To: Smith@yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU, Brian <brian_s@deq.state.la.us>, triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: A Moss is a Moss(UK) is a Moss...
From: "Shawn Loseke" <SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 98 14:04:12 -0600
        Remember that the original hot rods were built by hand. They didn't
have suppliers that they could mail order from. If you want the Triumph
Tune stuff. Order it direct from England. It's really not that much of a
hassle. They are really easy to deal with. Or if your really into the Hot
Rod spirit. Make your own stuff. Or start adapting stuff from different
applications to suit your needs.

        There are also quite a few sources for go fast parts here in the U.S..
The small guys that really embody the entrepreneurial spirit. The first on
that pops to mind is Richard Good, owner of "Good Parts". Fun stuff.

Shawn
-------------
Original Text
From: "Smith, Brian" <brian_s@deq.state.la.us>, on 10/7/98 1:09 PM:
When I asked Moss US why they didn't carry all the Hi-Pro parts that Moss
UK
carried they told me that "People in the US were more intrested in
restoring
their car to original shape and not intrested in increasing their
performance"  To This I say BULLS**T.  This is the Country that invented
the
"Hot Rod".  I personally think they are ignoring a potentially profittable
segment.  At least I should be able to order the "go-fast" stuff from the
Triumphtune cataloge dirctly from them.

Brian H. Smith
1959 TR3
1972 Spitfire IV