Cleaning up after the 'dog'

To: "List, Tiumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "List Spitfire" <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Cleaning up after the 'dog'
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 13:08:31 +0100
Friends

I've just spent a most entertaining morning. Things at HMC are a bit on the
quiet front
- kids back at school, all the holiday money spent and people nursing their
credit cards
prior to using them in earnest for Christmas.

Because of this 'silence' I've been doing a bit of essential cleaning,
maintenance and
looking at drip trays underneath an number of cars whose identity does not
need to be revealed.
I'll give you a clue - their make name begins with a T, though there are
some others doing the
same thing whose names begin with an M.

To my absolute amazement, most of them had quite a lot of oil in the trays
and I can't
understand why this should be. They never did this when they were new, so
why have they
decided to do it now? I give them lots of TLC and the only reward I seem to
be getting from
them is a whole lot of dirty black smelly stuff. Why is this and what
should I do to stop it
happening in future?

John Mac