Re: TR6 - Wheels

To: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov
Subject: Re: TR6 - Wheels
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 21:36:47 EDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< Other than the Panasports and Mini-lites are there any other wheels that
can be
 used on a TR6?  In talking to a wheel mechanic about straightening a couple
of
 bent rims on my steel wheels he started talking about good and bad wheels.
 Unfortunately he lumped the TR steel wheels in with VW as some of the worst
as
 far as frailness and wasn't too kind to Mercedes wheels either.  He said the
 best IHHO were Subaru wheels.  Anybody know if Subaru or anybody else makes 4
 lug 15 inch wheels that would fit the TR6?   Steel or Alloy?

 It's not that I dislike the Panasports or Mini-lites, although the cost does
 cause me to wince, but I'd like to have a few other choices to think about
and
 I'm hoping that if I know what to look for I can forage the junkyards for a
 reasonably priced set.

 I actually like the look of the TR steel wheels and would love it if Joe
Curry
 would have an alloy prototype lookalike cast and then offer to sell about
50-100
 sets via mail.  What do you say Joe???

 Bud 71 TR6 CC57365

Bud,

What is it about the TR6 wheel that he thinks is so frail?  Is it the welds,
or the gauge of steel that was used?  Maybe it's something that can be
improved upon.....

Scott Helms