Re[2]: TR6 - Wheels

To: Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: Re[2]: TR6 - Wheels
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 10:14:44 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Scott,

The wheel guy said that they bend easier than most wheels whether it be from
hitting things such as potholes, or curbs, or from ham-handed mechanics bending
them when changing tires.  He said that his experience was that only 50% of the
TR rims that he's attempted can be trued and straightened, and the rest have to
be scrapped.  Since I've never had the guy do any work for me I don't know if
that's because of his own limitations or if that's generally true for TR steel
wheels.

Sounds like the problem is the gauge and/or quality of the steel which doesn't
sound conducive to improving the existing wheels.

Bud 71 TR6 CC57365
What is it about the TR6 wheel that he thinks is so frail?  Is it the welds,
or the gauge of steel that was used?  Maybe it's something that can be
improved upon.....

Scott Helms