RE: General

To: Russell Silverman <rsilverman@ssrm.com>
Subject: RE: General
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 15:20:44 -0400
Cc: TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Russell Silverman writes:

>I have a very 'normal' '80 spider, no mods, low mileage. I think some of
the
>technology is pretty decent, and it is definitely a nice driving car.
>However,....

>1. Oh, I was passed by a Subaru Justy, those damn sports cars!!

(... Edited for bandwidth preservation ...)

>Frankly, stock, the car is only fair. It handles really well, but the
breaks
>suck, the engine is a dog (relative to the powerful justy), and maybe your
>clock works, maybe your headlights don't blink, maybe you don't carry a
>rather complete tool chest in your trunk and maybe your just lucky. And I
>have the best one they made, so says the literature.

>--later, RS

Russell,

Maybe the reason the Justy passed you is because of the 1000 or so lbs of
tools
in the trunk  ;-)

To be honest, the stock (engine-wise) TR6 I drive isn't much faster.  My
wife's Escort
with a 1.9 Litre engine, room for 4 and enough space for a parts TR6, is
just as fast.
You have to compare these cars with contemeraries.  Comparing them to
modern
cars will just depress you.  My TR3 is just a little faster than the TR6
but in 1957 it was
just about the fastest thing on the road!

Now the TR8...

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA
57 TR3