TR6 buyers advice?

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 buyers advice?
From: rshaffer <rshaffer@gmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 19:48:08 -0400
Listers,

I was on the list about a year ago, but plans on getting a TR6 didn't
turn out, mainly because I needed a reliable car to drive to school.
Now that I have a little more money, and a drivable car, I'd like to
seriously look at buying a TR6.  To put it bluntly, what could I get for
around $2000?  I would just like something I can fix up, but I hate
rust.  Rebuilding an engine or transmission or both would not be a
problem.  I just want something I can work with mechanically, not stuff
like rust and bondo.

Thanks for any pointers!!

-Rob