RE: TR6 buyers advice?

To: <rshaffer@gmu.edu>
Subject: RE: TR6 buyers advice?
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 19:14:22 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I have to agree with Shane.  For 2k expect to do a lot of rebuilding.  I got
mine for 3k and spent 2k on the body and 2k more on the engine.  That
doesn't being to scratch what I have spent in all the little parts. i.e.
brakes steering suspension etc etc.  Expect every piece of rubber to be dry
rotted and need replacement.

Now on the other hand, if you can do whatever needed motor work yourself,
and find a rust free body you can have a good running car that is a rolling
restoration and do it as you get a few bucks here and there.  You don't have
to do it all at once. I have been doing mine over the last year and just got
the body work done.  It wasn't half bead before that, but didn't exactly
look new either. Look in the Southeast for rust free cars.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK