Re: TR6: Drive shaft removal

To: moag@ix.netcom.com, drjclark@mindspring.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6: Drive shaft removal
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 12:48:20 EDT
In a message dated 98-10-11 12:37:22 EDT, moag@ix.netcom.com writes:

> The Bentley manual for my Spitfire said the same thing, but I was able to
>  remove and replace the drive shaft while leaving the exhaust in place.
Don't
>  know if you can do the same on the TR6, however.

Dave,

I just removed and replaced mine a few weeks ago. I was able to remove and
replace it without removing or relocating ANYTHING else. Just undid the 4
bolts at each flange, and dropped it right out. About a 15 minute job each way
(plus another 15 or so to get the car up and back down off the jackstands).

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74