TR3 starter/windshield/winter routine

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 starter/windshield/winter routine
From: "Coday Family" <coday@localaccess.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 13:07:39 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Coday@Mail.localaccess.com>
I reconnected everything at the solenoid except the white/red stripe
wire, everything working appropriately.  Went ahead and reconnected
the white/red wire and the starter is now releasing with the dash
button or the solenoid switch.

I am now pretty much convinced I am working with some kind of
intermittent short on the white/red stripe wire that continues to
juice that circuit after I release the starter.  I have had really
good luck putting this car back on the road, but it's starting to act
like a british car now, developing some personality and establishing
authority to challenge me.

Thanks for the reminder that I only have to remove the instrument
cluster.  I did know that, but probably would have remembered it when
the complete was loose and sitting in my lap.  I still might take the
whole thing out, give me a chance to replace the instrument bulbs,
clean out the heater hoses to the defroster, lube the heater fan
which is squeaking a bit.  Never pass up a chance to take the car
apart more than necessary,  how else can I be certain to maintain the
TR vow of poverty?

Other items currently in process:  Have the windshield entirely
apart, had to drill the screws out of the corner brackets to get the
frame apart, nerve wracking as I expected to drill and shatter the
windscreen, but got lucky so far.  Have been drilling out the rest of
the broken rusty screw ends, retapping with the 2BA tap I got from
Metric (thanks, Ed Woods for that tip).  Should have the windscreen
back together and back in place this afternoon I hope.  Also doing
the wheel cylinders which are leaking, need to tighten up the new
brake line to the right front which is leaking a bit, want to install
the new speedo cable so I can see how slow I am going.  Tomorrow I am
off to the upholstery shop to pick up the reupholstered side
curtains.  My wintering routine at this point is to get the top up
and as watertight as possible, get the side curtains in place and
make sure the heater can put out some btu's..

Would like to go have a pint at the pub when all this is completed,
possibly sooner?

Thanks to all,

Geezer

Oh, hooded starter?  I don't know, so far I haven't had to pull the
starter.